I'm seeing life increasingly through a lens of my contribution toward goodness, life, and grace and then my efforts that take away from these things. I'm only one life, just like any of us. And I want my life to be given toward positive contributions of the whole. That's the way of Jesus of Nazareth, whom I'm patterning my life after. So it seems to me that being a citizen of the whole is a choice that you can't assume. And it's the path I've chosen to follow.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Perspective comes with age

I read an insightful article today. It's about Willowcreek Church, one of the most influencial Christian churches in the U.S. The leaders of the church have come to believe that they have poured millions of dollars, countless hours, and energy into the wrong things!

For followers of Jesus, there is a call to help people find faith in the way of Jesus and increasingly live lives of significant influence in that way. As churhes find their groove in the Mission of God they should become more aligned with that goal. It's the Good News message that Jesus sent out his followers to accomplish a long time ago. "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." Mark 16:15

So this article from Christianity Today's blog has exerts from the church saying they realize they've had it wrong all these years. They've been creating programs that keep people busy, but do little to help them develop to their potential and live the lives they're meant to live. Those are my words, but you can check out the article yourself in the link below.

I was encouraged by the article because it's an influencial church headed in a good direction. It was less about right/wrong more about heading in the right direction. Wherever the starting place - it's definitely progress to realign with goodness.

Willowcreek Church

1 comment:

Tony Birge said...

How are you doing Dave! I'm praying for you my friend!