I'm seeing life increasingly through a lens of my contribution toward goodness, life, and grace and then my efforts that take away from these things. I'm only one life, just like any of us. And I want my life to be given toward positive contributions of the whole. That's the way of Jesus of Nazareth, whom I'm patterning my life after. So it seems to me that being a citizen of the whole is a choice that you can't assume. And it's the path I've chosen to follow.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Rear Guard

"But you will not leave in haste or go in flight; for the Lord will go before you; the God of Israel will be your rear guard." Isaiah 52:12

This verse reminds me of the phrase, "I've got your back!" When you know someone has your back, it sets you at ease. Really when that someone is a someone you know you can trust, that's what sets you at ease. I'm interested in having that level of trust in God. When I'm not there, it's not about God's ability to deliver. It has more to do with my ability to place my trust. I've been asking myself - "Do I trust God with who I really am?" By that I mean, without trying to hide things. The things I hide show my areas of needed growth. if I have to hide the real me from those I want to trust, something is off. Intent doesn't get you there if you don't follow through to completion.

No comments: