I'm seeing life increasingly through a lens of my contribution toward goodness, life, and grace and then my efforts that take away from these things. I'm only one life, just like any of us. And I want my life to be given toward positive contributions of the whole. That's the way of Jesus of Nazareth, whom I'm patterning my life after. So it seems to me that being a citizen of the whole is a choice that you can't assume. And it's the path I've chosen to follow.

Monday, December 24, 2007

Perspective about learning

"Balance, properly understood, is a cyclic dance of learning, meeting challenges, more learning, more accomplishments. At each step, you are able to bring a higher order of understanding to handle a greater degree of complexity in the challenge. Now, how long do you think these cycles of development and accomplishments go on? Forever. Lifelong learning is a way of life, not just an idea.
-Joel Levy and Michelle Levy

I came across this statement this morning. Increased capacity to accomplish more, bless more has become more important than ever to me.

No comments: