I'm seeing life increasingly through a lens of my contribution toward goodness, life, and grace and then my efforts that take away from these things. I'm only one life, just like any of us. And I want my life to be given toward positive contributions of the whole. That's the way of Jesus of Nazareth, whom I'm patterning my life after. So it seems to me that being a citizen of the whole is a choice that you can't assume. And it's the path I've chosen to follow.

Friday, January 14, 2011

U.S. History - A church in the capitol building.

If you've haven't visited Washington D.C. it's worth doing. America has many unique features in our society. They were built into the fabric of the country at the founding. Certainly, things have changed. Some for the good and some not. One thing that is in our fabric is faith. Check out this link that shows off some paintings in the capitol. There were 3 different churches that met in the capitol. And much of this was led by Thomas Jefferson, who is often noted as one of the more "secular" founders. Wow! Don't miss it. Faith was in his actions. Check out this link.

No comments: